September 30, 2008 • 2:23 pm 0
September 29, 2008 • 3:34 pm 0
September 26, 2008 • 8:10 pm 0
September 26, 2008 • 2:15 pm 0
September 26, 2008 • 9:35 am 0
September 26, 2008 • 8:27 am 0
The September meeting of New Media Interchange wa a great sucess. We had folks from all type of areas including interactive companies, public utilities, the music industry and architects. I was so busy during the meeting that I only grabbed a few photos of the crowd. After the meeting itself, we retired to a local coffee place for another 2 hours of conversation.
Our next meeting is scheduled for Saturday, October 25, 2008. Watch this blog for more information as we get closer.
September 25, 2008 • 2:35 pm 0
September 25, 2008 • 2:29 pm 0
September 25, 2008 • 1:55 pm 0
September 25, 2008 • 9:17 am 0
Join us for New Media Interchange and find out!
Maybe you’ve heard of YouTube, watched a few videos, made some “friends” on Facebook, maybe even listened to a few podcasts, but you’re wondering what New Media can do for you, your organization or your business.
New Media Interchange can open the door to New Media and a new world where you can get your message, your writing, your videos, your music out to a global audience. Visibility is the most important goal in today’s world. You can be the best chef, the best writer, the best Realtor, but if no one knows what you do, does it really matter? New Media can introduce you to a world full of new contacts, viewers, listeners and readers.
Our next meeting of New Media Interchange:
Sherman Oaks Branch of the Los Angeles Public Library
(In coordination with their twice-monthly Internet Seminars)
14245 Moorpark Street, Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
RSVP Online at Upcoming.org – http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/989139
For more information on New Media Interchange, visit http://newmediainterchange.com
How can you use New Media? The options are almost endless. It all depends on what you want to accomplish.
- Start a blog to share your writing, your restaurant’s menu, your philosophy, your charity’s message or communicate with your businesses’ customers.
- Create videos to highlight your band’s performance, your favorite hikes, your unique knowledge of a topic, sell real estate or your products, hold lectures and classes online.
- Create audio and video shows. Deliver them right to your audience’s computers and media players (iPods and others) automatically.
- Broadcast your band’s performance, lectures, speeches, panel discussions, interviews and more LIVE using only your computer, a web cam and an Internet connection.
- …and much, much more!
Join us for New Media Interchange, a FREE group dedicated to bringing the power of new media to everyone, and learn what New Media can do for you.
New Media Interchange was founded by Douglas E. Welch, pioneer podcaster and computer consultant of 20+ years. Douglas also teaches Podcasting and New Media for Writers for UCLA Extension.
Visit http://newmediainterchange.com for more information.
September 24, 2008 • 2:10 pm 0
September 24, 2008 • 11:05 am 0
September 23, 2008 • 5:05 pm 0
September 23, 2008 • 4:41 pm 0
September 23, 2008 • 2:53 pm 0
September 23, 2008 • 7:53 am 0
September 23, 2008 • 7:00 am 0
Evo Terra and I will also be hosting the first meeting of New Media Interchange Phoenix.
“PodCamp is a FREE BarCamp-style community UnConference for podcasters and listeners, bloggers and readers, and anyone interested in New Media. It was held for the first time from September 8-10 in Boston, Massachusetts and is now spreading across the world.
These 7 rules define what events can be called a PodCamp:
- All content created must be released under a Creative Commons license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
- All attendees must be treated equally. Everyone is a rockstar.
- All attendees must be allowed to participate. (subject to limitations of physical space, of course)
- All sessions and events must be free of charge to attend.
- All sessions must obey the Law of 2 Feet – if you’re not getting what you want out of the session, you can and should walk out and do something else. It’s not like you have to get your money’s worth!
- The event must be new-media focused – blogging, podcasting, video on the net.
- The financials of a PodCamp must be fully disclosed in an open ledger, except for any donor/sponsor who wishes to remain anonymous.”
So, if you are in the area, join me (and a bunch of other folks) for PodCampAZ 2008. I look forward to seeing you there!
September 22, 2008 • 3:43 pm 0
September 22, 2008 • 1:22 pm 0