New Media Interchange has an opportunity to hold a unconference retreat in Ojai, California and I wanted to see if there is interest in such an event. Possible dates in my mind include late spring to early summer this year.
I imagine a day-long event featuring new media presentations, new media screenings, group discussions and even some time to create audio and video shows on the spot.
Some possible sessions I can foresee:
- Getting the most of YouTube
- Using Blip.tv
- Podcasting 101 – Getting Started
- Camera and audio recorder selection – Which is best for you and your project?
- Beginning WordPress
- Lighting for New Media
- Audio for New Media
- Facebook Pages – Setup and use
- Live streaming your show or event
The location is an amazing site with areas for presentations and breakout group sessions set in a rural area surrounded by orange groves and gardens. There is a kitchen space and grill area for potluck/sponsored lunch and dinner. Wifi, video projection and PA are available.
Interested? Email email@example.com .