Subscribed is my series highlighting the Podcasts, YouTube Channels and Blogs that I follow on a daily basis. Check out this entry, and past entries, for some great New Media Content — Douglas
I like to keep a eye on what is happening in the world of urban agriculture and City Farmer News helps greatly in that area. They post a wide variety of urban agriculture stories including, recently, Portland State University survey of Urban Agriculture, Bitponics: Where Urban Agriculture Meets The Internet Of Things and Urban agriculture and food: between public policies and local initiatives.
From the City Farmer News web site…
Shoemakers, fashion models, computer geeks, politicians, lawyers, teachers, chefs … all city dwellers … all can grow food at home after work in back yards, community gardens or on flat roofs. For the past 35 years, City Farmer has encouraged urban dwellers to pull up a patch of lawn and plant some vegetables, kitchen herbs and fruit. Our message is the same today as it was in 1978 and will be relevant far into the future.
This website is a collection of stories about our work at City Farmer here in Vancouver, Canada, and about urban farmers from around the world. The site is maintained by City Farmer executive director, Michael Levenston.
Link: City Farmer News
What are some of your favorite Subscriptions? Share them here in the comments!
Previously highlighted on Subscribed:
- Peter Lythgoe of the Zzipp & Co Podcast
- Cold Antler Farm
- Cooking Stoned with James Stone
- Backyard Farmer from the University of Nebraska
- Building with BDoubleO
- Thinking Allowed from BBC Radio 4
- In Our Time from BBC Radio 4
- The Kitchn from Apartment Therapy
- Vintage Beef – Gaming Let’s Play and More!
- Frieda’s Garden
- TUAW: The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Minute Physics
- Grant’s Advent Calendar with Grant Baciocco
- Minecraft and More with Paul Soares, Jr.
- Cool Hunting
- CareerCamp International
- Simon’s Cat
- Science @ NASA
- Far Lands or Bust with KurtJMac
- PBS Idea Channel